Monday, August 29, 2011

Lovely Blog Award


This post is long overdue, but anyway I am thankful that I have some time to do this now.

I'd like to thank a special lady for giving me this award. Marie is a woman with a kindness and caring that is rare today. She would do anything for the people she loves and her openness and acceptance of others is something that I admire. Marie, may you always be blessed and may your efforts and sacrifices be accepted.
The thing I like the most about Marie's blog is that it gives off real emotions and experiences, giving the reader the sense that she is indeed inside Marie's world, actually sharing her experiences. If you don't already know this blog then you should check it out now!

Okay, so now the part that I don't really like that much, 7 things about myself. Oh Where to start??? Okay, here goes...

1. I like to experience things for myself instead of being told about it.
2. Similarly, I don't like hearing things about someone from others, I like to make up my own mind about what type of person I think someone is.
3. I've come to learn the best life lessons from the strangest experiences.
4. I truly believe that nothing in life is a problem if you have faith in the Creator.
5. I think that living a life of simplicity is the best way to live.
6. I always have to finish things I have to do quickly, otherwise it begins to work on me.
7. Tonight I feel happy and sad at the same time. Happy for the Blessed Eid Day which I will be celebrating on Wednesday, Sad that tommorow is the last day of the Blessed month of Ramadhaan. Guess all good things have to come to an end right?

Well, since that's out of the way, let's award some other lovely bloggers... (This is in no particular order)

- After Hardship There Is Ease- I've recently come across this blog and was intrigued by it after reading an amazing post about Sister Aminah Assilmi . It's an interesting take on life and I love the name of the blog.

-Crafty Muslimah- This blog really makes me feel at home, since this sister is a fellow South African (although from another city). I love the pictures that are posted each day, these are simple things yet they say so much.

- Inspirational Quotes Everyday- I think the name sums up the blog very nicely.

- Rose water- Most of you already know this blog, but for those who don't, you'll find a variety of posts here, from spiritual to cooking, this blog perfectly shows the diversity of and multifaceted nature of Muslim women.

- Spill Beans- This blog is just fun, even the serious posts are written in way that makes you smile.

- Sweet Serenity- I always find great reads at this blog, which also discusses a variety of relevant topics.

Well that's it for now people. Thanks again to Marie and to all the great bloggers who've been awarded and also those who haven't been awarded.

For those of you celebrating Eid- Have a Blessed Day!!!

13 comments:

  1. Congrats for having award... :) & Happy Eid....
    Visit my blog--> Stay Blessed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Zarina!
    Congratulations on the beautiful award! And jazakallah khair for giving it to me, among the other lovely ladies! <3 It's a beautiful little Eid gift :)
    And I love your number 4 and 5! I hold the same opinions. And I also feel both happy and sad right now... <3
    But anyway I wish you Eid Mubarak and hope that you'll have a great time <3

    Take care and stay blessed, dear sister.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rose water and Asma- Eid Mubarak to you too, have a wonderful day!

    rose water- it's my pleasure, you deserve the award!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zarina, jazakiAllah khair for my lovely award! Wishing you and yours a Blessedly Joyous Eid Day inshaAllah ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Asalamu Alaykom and Eid Mubarak,

    Thank you for taking the time to post something nice about other bloggers. The re-post about Sister Aminah (God bless her) was not my writing. Most of what I post is mine. I'm glad you found something useful. JAK.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are too kind. Thank you so much! Eid Mubarak!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am deeply touched by your post Zarina. Great list of awarded bloggers, they all deserve it!

    I would agree with 5 and 7. It feels strange to see the end of Ramadan and now I can understand why Muslims are so happy when it comes. Thanks to your lovely guest post which gave me the last push to fast and I can only say I am glad I did.

    Eid Mubarak to you and your closed ones! Have a blessed day and may you be rewarded for your kindness and inspirational attitude to Life. You are in my prayers, stay well always.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eid Mubarak to all you great ladies, and keep doing what you're doing, we definitely need positive voices amidst all the negativity out there.

    May you all always be blessed

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marie- I am glad that you decided to experience Ramadhaan for yourself and I hope that you'll be posting about it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Assalaam Alaikum Zarina,

    Congratulations on the award and thank you for passing it to me! I am so honored that you thought of my name when thinking of whom to bestow it upon. JazakAllah khair!

    I absolutely love number 4 on your list and totally agree with 7!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sara

    My pleasure, you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hobbsparker

    Thank you;-)

    ReplyDelete